Centurion Legal. Peace of mind for the people side of your business.
Centurion Legal support the employer. If you are an employer and need legal help contact us today.
Peace of mind for the people side of your business.
Roscoe Fernandes is the Principal and Director of Centurion Legal Limited, which specialises solely in employment law.
He previously spent a number of years in private practice as a solicitor, having qualified with a London law firm, before working for some regional heavyweight firms in the Midlands.
Below is a brief summary of Roscoe’s education and career:-
- 1998-2001: BA in Law from the University of Nottingham (Upper Second Class)
- 2001-2002: Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School (Diploma with Commendation)
- 2002-2004: Trained with Olswang (now part of CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP)
- 2004-2007: Solicitor and then Senior Solicitor at Freeths (Nottingham)
- 2008-2010: Associate at Berryman (now part of Shakespeare Martineau)
- 2010-2013: Senior Associate at Geldards
- June 2013-present: Principal Solicitor and Director of Centurion Legal
Roscoe’s expertise lies in both non-contentious and contentious employment law. He has a particular interest in discrimination law, having successfully acted in one of the first reported cases involving dismissal on the grounds that the employee intended to take adoption leave. Roscoe was “Times Lawyer of the week” for this adoption leave case:- https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lawyer-of-the-week-roscoe-fernandes-6cllgj239b0
Roscoe has also been on local radio to discuss various employment topics.
You can see the testimonials that Roscoe’s clients have left for him, here:-
Roscoe regularly advises employers, ranging from blue-chip companies to owner-managed businesses on various employment matters to include:
- disciplinary and grievance issues, redundancy, holiday pay issues, TUPE, capability and long-term sickness issues;
- complex reorganisations and restructures;
- executive terminations and settlement/compromise agreements;
- contracts and employee handbooks; and
- tribunal claims covering all areas from unfair dismissal to discrimination to whistleblowing.
He also has a keen interest in the employment aspects of insolvency.
Outside of work, Roscoe enjoys badminton, fine-dining, travelling to warmer climates, cinema and the theatre.